The FBA Garden Committee experienced a major challenge during the summer months when the temperature exceeded 90 degrees and we experienced long periods of no rain which stressed our ability to keep everything watered.
Despite these challenges, the Garden Committee had another successful year. As a result of its efforts and donations from the community, the Garden Committee has accomplished the following:
- Maintained 12 half barrel flower pots and planted them with flowers (petunias/impatiens in the summer, mums during the fall, and pansies/ cabbage in the winter)
- Landscaped the corner at 26 & I and 26 & K, and continued the landscaping of the triangle across from the 7–11
- Removed weeds and placed brown mulch in the tree boxes on both sides and along the middle of K Street, maintaining them during the year
- Planted flowers and small bushes in the 26th Street Park
- Planted perennials and placed brown mulch in the triangle at 24th Street/New Hampshire Avenue/I Street
- Continued to weed and maintain 45 tree boxes on 25th Street, K Street and New Hampshire Avenue
- Arranged the watering of bushes, trees, and barrels throughout the neighborhood
The FBA Garden Committee thanks all those who contributed to the neighborhood’s gardening activities. We look forward to another flower filled year again next year.